POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Do the Rossler... : Re: Do the Rossler... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do the Rossler...
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 6 May 1999 05:46:46
Message: <373156FC.D39A2ABE@home.com>
Actually I use JPEG to store even all the final images on my HD. As soon as I'm
finished a final rendering I convert the TGA to a JPEG and get rid of the TGA.
In most cases I use a compression of 1% which hardly has an effect on the image
quality while reducing a 1MEG file down to say 200-300k. Of coarse for posting
on the internet I compress then even more sometimes up to 60% depending on the
image.